środa, 27 marca 2013

What does the happiness look like?
Jak wygląda szczęście?



The sky is sparking red. The sun is sinking over the horizon, spreading the red and orange sequins on the surface of the rough sea. 
On the left, the rough water and foamy waves, washing the shore. On the right, the forest of palms. And me, in the middle. With the flip-flops in one hand. Pouring sand between my toes with the other. I am walking straight ahead, towards the sun, as if I wanted to reach the line of the horizon, to stroke it for goodnight. ‘But I can’t reach it’  I recall the Deadalus and Icarus myth. The sand is black, volcanic.
There is only me, the sea and the big red illuminating sphere which is reaching, in a slow motion, its destination – the sea, to wane in its foamy waves. I am immersed in the emptiness. And I am walking straight ahead. 
Hardly can I believe I am here, on the deserted beach. There aren’t here any hustle and bustle, ice-creams sellers encouraging loudly to buy their cool ice-creams for refreshment. There aren’t any beads and seashell sellers. There aren’t any stalls with fried fish and beer. No tourists.
The sun is getting lower, it’s about to sink over the horizon. I can feel the breeze on my face. No, it isn’t the breeze. These are my tears. The tears of happiness because I am in the paradise and I am incredibly happy surrounded by the beautiful and indomitable nature.
I stop and look at the sun. It is like in Melancholy by Lars von Trier. I take a few steps towards the sea. The waves are tickling my feet and calves. Never before have I seen such redness. 
I am astonished and incredibly happy. I feel as if I touched the paradise. Because the paradise must look like that. Contrary to von Trier, I am not predicting the end of the world. for me it is the beginning.... the beginning of the new world, more beautiful, full of the dreams that have come true. I have never been aware that one may feel so happy! I wish I could find the words which would describe the happiness that is inside me.  It’s impossible. My state of mind and body is indescribable.



Niebo zaczyna mienić się czerwienią. 
Słońce zbliża się do linii horyzontu, rozsiewając po powierzchni wzburzonego morza, pomarańczowo-czerwone cekiny, takie jak moja mama przyszywała mi do sukienek karnawałowych. 
Po lewej, wzburzona woda i spienione fale, rozbijające się o brzeg. Po prawej las palm. A po środku ja. Z klapkami w jednej ręce, by drugą móc przesypywać piasek między palcami. Wędruję przed siebie, w stronę słońca, jakbym wraz z nim chciała dotknąć linii horyzontu, pogłaskać go na dobranoc. Nie mogę go jednak dosięgnąć, myślę, mając na względzie mit o Dedalu i Ikarze. A piasek jest czarny, wulkaniczny. 
Jestem tylko ja, morze i wielka, czerwona, świetlista kula, która niczym meteoryt w zwolnionym tempie zbliża się do miejsca swojego przeznaczenia, by zgasnąć w spienionych falach. 
Wokół pustka. A ja idę przed siebie, nie mogąc uwierzyć w to, że znalazłam się na wymarzonej, niemal bezludnej plaży, na której nie istnieje turystyczny harmider, nie ma sprzedawców lodów, gromko oznajmiających, swoje nadejście i to, że posiadają zimniuteńkie lody dla ochłody jakby sensem było roznoszenie ciepłych. 
Nie ma sprzedawców koralików i muszelek. Nie ma straganów ze smażoną rybą i frytkami i budek z piwem. Nie ma też hałaśliwych turystów. Słońce jest coraz niżej, za chwilę całkowicie ukryje się za horyzontem. Czuję bryzę znad morza na moje twarzy. A jednak nie, to nie bryza, to łzy. Łzy szczęścia, bo znalazłam się w raju i jestem niewyobrażalnie szczęśliwa, otoczona tylko przez zjawiskowo piękną, choć często nieobliczalną naturę. Zatrzymuję się i spoglądam na słońce. 
Przypomina mi się scena z „Melancholii” von Triera Postępuję kilka kroków w stronę morza. Fale łaskoczą nie tylko stopy, ale i łydki. Jeszcze nigdy nie widziałam takiej czerwieni. Jestem oniemiała z zachwytu i niewyobrażalnie szczęśliwa. 
Czuję się jakbym dotknęła raju. Bo tak przecież musi wyglądać raj. Jest jak w filmie.Tyle że w przeciwieństwie do scenariuszu von Triera, ja w moim nie przewiduję końca świata, lecz dopiero jego początek.
Nie zdawałam sobie sprawy, że można być tak szczęśliwym!